Professional Conveyancing Services
Buying a home is likely to be the single largest investment in your entire life, so it makes sense to have a professional eye overlooking the whole process for you. Our conveyancing services will ensure nothing is left to chance in the run up to you acquiring your new home.
Our conveyance solicitors have dealt with many property contracts over the years, so you can rely on them to ensure there are no nasty surprises, and that you are fully informed during the entire process.
Delivering an in-depth, systematic service, the property solicitors at Scutt Beaumont Solicitors Ltd work with a meticulous attention to detail to make sure that every step of the process runs as smoothly as possible. Throughout the conveyancing process, we will:
- Make sure that the property title is sound and verify the ownership.
- Check if the property is freehold or leasehold and advise accordingly.
- Draw up a contract of sale and send it to the buyer’s solicitor.
- Check for restrictive covenants or rights of way that could affect your plans for the property.
- Check that buildings and alterations have the correct planning permission, licences and warranties.
- Check that there are no debts owing against a property, and if there are that they are released before the property is transferred to you.
- Carry out local authority searches to make sure if there are zoning restrictions or any debts due.
- Check if there is a lease, and if so, check the lease conditions.
- Arrange for additional property searches, depending on the circumstances. These might include checking previous land use, whether the land is prone to flooding, if there are planned railway or motorway developments, whether medieval laws still require you to contribute to the local church and so on.
- Check mortgage documents.
- Ensure the deposit has been paid.
- Exchange contracts for you which makes the deal legally binding.
- Lodge an interest in the property so that the property cannot be sold to another.
- Calculate the final figure to pay.
- Arrange for the title to be transferred to the new owner’s name.
- Pay Stamp Duty Tax on your behalf.
- Lodge the title deeds with the Land Registry
- Send a copy of the deed to your mortgage lender.
For more information on the process, talk to our team — and read the following resources:
To discuss our conveyancing services or for a fixed fee conveyancing quote, simply contact our knowledgeable team today. We are CQS (Conveyancing Quality Scheme) approved, and work with clients across Leicester, Corby, Ashby-de-la-Zouch and beyond. We’re always happy to assist.
Give us a call on 0116 254 4200